Whether you are a returning customer or visiting Linnhe for the first time; these useful tips will help you to find your way round our park.
COVID 19 – Q & A
last updated: 28/05/20
Q: Are you open?
A: We are currently closed until further notice.
Q: When will you open?
A: This depends on government decisions in line with the control of Covid 19. We are expecting to be opening sometime in July, possibly after England.
Q: Are you taking bookings?
A: Yes, we are currently taking bookings for accommodation and self-sufficient tourers from July onward. If you have no on-board toilet and shower facilities, we will not be able to accept your booking for this season. We are offering revised terms and conditions for flexibility.
Bookings for 2021 are taken as normal.
Q: Which measures are you putting in place for re-opening?
A: Considering government guidelines, we have implemented measures to ensure safety of our guests and staff:
- We ask all our guests and staff to adhere to the 2 metres social distancing and wash their hands regularly.
- To avoid cross contamination, access to reception desk is limited.
- Check-in will be done remotely: We will send you an email with a map detailing the location of your pitch/accommodation. Payments are being dealt with remotely.
- As a safety precaution, our toilet/shower blocks are closed. Please use your own on-board facilities. Whilst this will result in some inconvenience, it also effectively removes the highest risk of the spread of infection. Please understand that we cannot accept any non self-sufficient vans or tents. We kindly ask non self-sufficient van and tent bookings for the summer to contact us to reschedule your holiday or upgrade your booking.
- The Elsan chemical waste disposal will be open for limited hours daily to allow for deep cleaning.
- Our launderette is closed.
- Our shop service will be available for orders delivered to your door. The shop itself will be closed but you can call our shop on +44 (0) 1397 773 757 to order and pay. A stock list will be available soon.
- On departure, we kindly ask you to bag all rubbish, tie the bags and place them in the bins provided on the park. Please call us on +44 (0) 1397 772 376 to say you are leaving.
- All chalets or caravans will be deep cleaned immediately after holidaymakers vacate the property, using antiviral cleaning products. This cleaning will include all surfaces that a holidaymaker may touch, including door handles, light switches, taps etc. All crockery and cutlery will also be sterilised prior to visitors entering the property. In addition to this, our staff will be wearing protective clothing and face masks when entering any accommodation.
We would like to thank our guests for their support. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
We are proud of the fact that Linnhe Lochside Holidays has been owned and run by the same family since opening in 1963.
“During World War II there was an army village here. Following its demolition an enterprising young couple named Mick and Sheila Sutton set about turning the site into a caravan park. So they planted many trees and shrubs and created terraces so the guests would enjoy unrivalled views of the loch. In those days their son Chris went round selling coal and delivering milk to the guests. When he grew up he married my mum Danielle and together they worked tirelessly to set out beautiful gardens and excellent accommodation.
We hope you love Linnhe as much as we do and look forward to being part of your holiday memories, perhaps for years to come.”
Claire Wood, Manager
Close to Nature
We at Linnhe are committed to reducing our impact on the environment. Here a just a few of the ways we try to make a difference:
- Planting wildlife friendly species
- Keeping wild areas vital for wildlife and putting up bird and bat boxes
- Encouraging awareness of wildlife by having a diary in reception for guests
- Recycling waste and composting garden waste for our gardens
- Using eco-friendly cleaning products and chemicals where possible
Frequently Asked Questions
Our reception is staffed daily from 9 a. m. Desk closing times vary throughout the season. The door to reception is always open for those late comers or early leavers. See late arrival.
We are open from December 15th until October 31st. During the closed period between November 1st and December 14th our office at weekends and the office is not constantly staffed. If you wish to reach us just leave a message or email us; we will get back to you.
Just park in our car park at the entrance and pop down the steps into reception to receive our warm Scottish welcome. We look forward to meeting you.
Yes, it is possible! To take the stress out of your journey you can check in after reception desk is closed. Once your booking is paid in full we send out an email with details.
LINEN AND TOWELS
All linen and towels are provided in our chalets and the beds are made up for you.
If you have hired a holiday caravan you will need to bring your own. If you wish to hire linen (sheets, duvet covers & pillow cases) and/or towels please get in touch.
To and from park
If you are travelling by rail or coach we suggest that you hire a taxi from Fort William. Regular bus services are available between Fort William and Corpach village. It takes approximately 20 minutes to walk to the bus stop. Please be advised that there is no pavement and no lighting until you reach the entrance of the village. We strongly recommend bringing a light with you.
There is also a local bus which passes the park four times a day and can be flagged down. Please enquire times with reception. Sorry, this one does not take dogs.
Mountain Bike Event
During the Mountain Bike Downhill World Cup at the first weekend in June there is a feeder bus shuttle service operating from our park entrance to the main shuttle bus service taking you up to the event. This is free of charge but donations are welcome.
This is also the only time of year we allocate tent pitches.
We love animals and are happy for you to bring your pet with you. We have have had dogs, cats and even parrots holiday with us. Dogs love our beach; it is the perfect place for them to have a good run. Please keep your pets on a lead on the park itself.
Loch Eil is a sea loch with a rocky beach.
Fishing is free in Loch Eil. Rods and lures are available from the shop. Please bring your own live bait as it may not be available for sale locally. You are welcome to bring your boat.
We have regular sightings of otters, seals and herons. If you are lucky, you will spot porpoises, ospreys or even a gigantic sea eagle.
This is open daily and run in the style of a mini-supermarket. It is licensed and we bake fresh bread daily with gluten free options available.
The Jacobite Steam Train (Yes, the one from the Harry Potter films!) runs past our park in the summer. If you wish to take a ride we strongly advise to book as early as possible.
Some mobile phones have difficulty in obtaining reception in this area. Unfortunately, we do not have a public telephone.
Wi-Fi is available free of charge at hotspots for emails, browsing and light social media use. Please select linnheguest.